For any energy development project there are numerous emission types and different water resource challenges.
Petroka supports the Carbon World Business Council for Sustainable Development, the World Water Forum and the UK government scheme designed to improve energy efficiency and cut CO2 emissions for high energy users: the Carbon Reduction Commitment energy efficiency scheme.
Petroka makes use of its vast experience and analysis techniques when supporting its clients with strategies and technologies that will help them implement responsible energy solutions that are smart, clean and efficient.
Petroka can take full ownership from start to finish in managing the Double Footprint assessment and the sustainable development solution as an independent consultant or we can work in an integrated team.
Society, the environment and industry require energy solutions that are suitable, sufficient and sustainable. Our approach follow these guiding principles:
- Suitable in a way that the carbon footprint can be justified and that the water footprint that is left behind is acceptable and environmentally responsible.
- Sufficient such that energy supply and demands are understood, managed and monitored, and that security of energy supply, transmission and distribution are not compromised, and
- Sustainable – such that we improve our understanding of how the long-term solution is adequate from a resource, supply, economics, environmental and social perspective.
The success of humanity’s long-term balance between energy consumption and the eco system depends on understanding and applying the Double Footprint approach; and this applies on a local, regional and global scale.
In addition to the above, there are also very real benefits to companies that embrace the Double Footprint concept in that by being pro-active and investing a little time and effort at the design stage, long-term savings can be achieved.
Petroka specializes in supporting organizations and the industry in deriving Double Footprint solutions.
At each Energy Development stage we verify that the suitability, sufficiency and sustainability checks are in-sync with pre-set development requirements.
Petroka applies many technologies, techniques, processes and study methodologies to support our clients deriving technical, feasible and economically viable energy solutions.
To discuss how Petroka can assist you in realizing the benefits of implementing the Double Footprint concept, we invite you to propose a call or a meeting and you may contact us here email@example.com
These days there is a wealth of different types of energy types and energy opportunities for governments and energy corporations. Governments need to select the perfect energy mix for their country. Petroka are well placed to support in selecting the best energy mix.
We need a concerted effort to tackle earth’s challenges with sustainable energy solutions, considering the environment, social demographics and economical sustainability. At Petroka we are passionate about getting this right. We monitor and keep abreast of our environmental footprint – through the emission footprint and water footprint – and we can do that for you too.
We derive the optimum energy mix from many sources of data, including:
- The sphere within which energy is required
- The political climate
- The economic viability along with predicted future industrial and economic growth
- Industrial and public distribution, consumption and future predictions
- Existing energy infrastructure, logistics, potential investments and life spans
- What worked before – and what energy forms are likely to excel in the country’s environment
- Current and future security of supply
- Health, safety, environment, security and quality impact on screened energy types
- Socially responsible and ethical considerations in sustainable solutions
- Energy trading environment
Petroka can either guide you or take the lead in getting this right. For an initial consultation please contact us via phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Attaining an optimum energy mix is about selecting the right mix of different types of energy forms for one country, as a function of time. Selecting the right energy mix requires taking into account existing infrastructure, taking account of future growth, and considering all the factors under energy opportunities.
Smart countries select their energy mix by involving external energy experts and neighboring countries.
Most countries now have basic goals regarding their renewable energy mix. Such goals and targets need optimization in order to fit in with the long-term planning and ensure that targets are realistic. Petroka supports governments and companies in getting this right.
The renewable energy mix may be selected from the following types of energy sources:
- Bio fuel
- Fossil fuels (oil, gas and associated products)
- Emerging technologies (e.g. fusion, battery technology, smart-gravitation, etc.)
Petroka’s in-depth understanding of energy forms together with our experience in opportunity and risk management provides the right skills for advising you on your optimum energy mix. To discuss this further please contact us at email@example.com
- Studying array set-up, wireless instrumentation and change out philosophies for Solar Plants with the objectives of driving up efficiency and making these systems more economic.
- Reviewing the size of a Hydrogen Plant along with its design life and challenging material technologies and availability targets – all with the goal of making these increasingly attractive in combination with wind energy.
- Challenging existing operations and maintenance routines for Offshore Wind – with the objective of cutting OPEX and without compromising safety and reliability.
- It can also involve making better use of Biogas Plants by enhancing the effectiveness of the processing system, improving materials selection – with the overall goal of optimizing the life cycle cost of Biogas systems.
- Water is in use in all energy systems. We specialize in water management, which involve re-use of water, reduce water contamination, recirculation of hot water for energy optimization, studying the overall water mass balances for energy systems.
- Emissions are present in all energy systems. We specialize in studying the most adequate way of eliminating or controlling undesired emissions and securing an energy systems design that minimizes emissions in general.
- Petroka also makes use of it’s well-established study methodologies to derive optimum energy solutions for our clients – see other study types and assessment methodologies in other parts of our website.
To help meet your renewable energy objectives we can also support you with:
- Forming an energy policy
- Prepare a feasibility study for your potential renewables project
- Advising on the best energy forms to introduce in your country
- Calculating your environmental foot print / the CO2 emission for your country, project or for an activity
- Developing environmental management plans for renewables projects
- Perform a health, safety, environmental, social and security (HSESS) impact study for your project
To discuss your energy challenges and reduce the life cycle cost of your energy system, schedule an informal discussion with one of our specialist’s firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Audits can take many forms, dependent on Client objectives.
Initially, we support in deriving the objectives and terms of reference (ToR) for an Energy Audit. These initiating tasks are typically performed by reviewing base documentation, reviewing facilities and consumptions and performing consultation with key personnel.
Typically an Energy Audit seeks to
- Save energy and optimize usage
- Reduce carbon and water footprint
- Save money Spin-offs of an Energy Audit:
- Learn more about your assets, which in turn will lead to other efficiency initiatives
- Responsible company
- Boosts reputation Different types of Energy Audit, customized to your requirements:
- Preliminary Audit
- Complete Audit
- Investment Audit
Each of the above has different purposes. To discuss your requirement please contact email@example.com
Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is a mandatory requirement in the UK, requiring all non- (small and medium enterprises) SMEs to undertake regular energy audits. ESOS applies to large UK undertakings and their corporate groups. It mainly affects businesses but can also apply to not-for-profit bodies and any other non-public sector undertakings that are large enough to meet the qualification criteria.
Organizations that qualify for ESOS must carry out ESOS assessments every four years. These assessments are audits of the energy used by their buildings, industrial processes and transport to identify cost-effective energy saving measures.
Like many similar pieces of legislation and government initiatives, the implementation of ESOS is often seen as yet another burden to be added to an organization’s administrative costs. In reality, after the initial cost and effort of setting up the ESOS framework within an organization, real long-term savings can be obtained. Most organizations probably have a good idea of their biggest areas of energy usage but a detailed audit of the entire organization may reveal other, less obvious areas that cumulatively may be able to generate significant savings.
Petroka is well-placed to assist our clients in meeting their commitments to energy usage optimization. We have experience in performing energy audits for multiple industrial sites; involving energy consumption and conservation analysis and studies. Petroka has also given a seminar, highlighting the benefits and techniques applicable to efficient execution of energy auditing.
If you would like to find out more about how Petroka can support you with your ESOS notification, please contact us by phone or e-mail http://www.petroka.com/webform/contact-form
Smart Power Plants are developed through a stage-wise approach where all stakeholders are given an opportunity to provide input to the project.
Smart Power Plants are engineered for multi-fuel operation, ensuring that different operation-economic regimes may govern dependent on market resource and commodity prices.
Smart Power Plants are engineered and built in JV with different specialist coming together under one umbrella organization. Because of Petroka’s wide energy system experience, Petroka can bring the right partners together on your behalf, and Petroka can also project manage the delivery of your Smart Power Plant.
To discuss your future power plants, please contact us here firstname.lastname@example.org
Smart Power Plants
The lack of optimum operation and maintenance management plans, together with substantial cycling operations are some of the key factors that may lead to low efficiency and high operational costs for thermal power plants.
In addition, the imbalance between power and heat demand leads to difficulties in establishing the optimum operational regime for CHP power plants.
The intermittency of wind energy and the difficulties in integrating renewable energy production provides one of the most challenging problems the power industry faces today and will face for the upcoming years.
Petroka supports power plant operators in:
- Balancing plant’s operation and reduce ramping
- Improving security, efficiency and quality in power generation
- Reducing maintenance costs
- Optimizing the response to changes in energy demand
- Increasing awareness in variation of energy demand
In order to make plants more profitable and meet power and heat demands, models are developed for the power plant operation in order to maximize revenue from power generation.
Automation tools provide the advantage of controlling the facilities in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Fuel supply, operation of boilers and feed water control are automated based on optimization tools.
Audits can be performed on auxiliary systems by Petroka. By optimizing the performance of the auxiliary systems and matching these precisely to the needs of the plant, the fuel usage from such systems can be reduced.
Petroka have developed innovative methodologies to overcome some of these challenges and has ongoing programs in place to further research this area; all with the objective of optimizing the running of power plants whilst minimizing carbon emissions.
To discuss this please contact us on email@example.com
Welcome to Petroka’s Wind Energy solutions.
We provide wind energy solutions worldwide. We have more experience with offshore wind energy but equally provide our services for onshore.
Wind energy has undergone dramatic innovation, progress and penetration in the last decade, which accelerated from 2012 with increasingly large WTG’s and now also floating wind turbines. With this comes all the traditional development, implementation and operation challenges.
And the more unplanned and unforeseen challenges has equally come about. Subjects that require innovative thinking and digital solution, where it makes economic sense.
Petroka provides smart cost-effective wind energy solutions in the following areas:
Petroka provides cost effective traditional solutions in the following areas:
- Opportunity framing
- Opportunity and risk management
- Value engineering
- Availability and reliability, incl. WTG Performance Optimisation
- Managing projects for designing and implementing wind, wave, structural load and power curve measurement programs for utility scale wind farms
- Peer review
- Project audit
- HSE studies
- Asset integrity and performance
- Maintenance optimisation
- OPEX optimisation
- Life extension
- Abandonment and decommissioning
- Wind and wave measurement campaigns for design, construction and operation optimisation
- Choosing the right WTG Type based on wind resource, availability target, reliability, constructability, costs, warranty, spare parts, proximity of operation and maintenance teams
- Wind Farm layout design to maximise the total farm yield while minimising installation and through life costs
- Defining intrafield cables and export cable design, routing and installation engineering
- Environmental management plans
WTG and BoP technical support securing the best possible handover of the project to ensure optimum operation and the best possible lifetime of the Wind Farm
HSE and Quality Plans for the construction phase
Project implementation risk management
- Operational heavy lifts cost cutting strategies
- Uptime improvement and OPEX reduction via digital EP-AIP tool
- Life extension optimisation through digital predictive solutions
- Wind and Load Measurement campaigns for OPEX optimization and power curve verification
- Asset integrity management system (AIM)
Petroka also provides application technology solutions and research and development in new specialist equipment and concepts, such as:
- New generation WTGs
- Change-out philosophies for turbines and BoP
- Battery accommodated solutions
- Kite concepts developments
- Hybrid renewable technologies